Jack on the Track

Jack (4th from left, above) has competed in a few more meets and set a new PR for the 1600m (above). He went out hard, hung on, and managed to have a strong last lap. Then, below, was last Wednesday's tri-meet. It was cold and windy so Jack hung out in the warm car with me for a while.
I'm about as scruffy as I get. Below, Jack thinks about the upcoming race. Or was it chocolate that was on his mind?
...and the race begins. I don't always get good photos because I'm busing cheering him on and getting splits. We've been talking about a pattern he's developed. The first part is excellent, he gets out hard enough on the first lap to get into position. Then he takes too laps to recover. That's fine if the recovery laps are not too slow. In this cold race all that was a challenge.
It was not a day for personal bests. Until today every race was a new PR. Below, I cheated and hid out in the press box while waiting for his events.
  There are only a couple races left!