Esther Jenner, May 14, 1926 - April 20, 2023

Great aunt Esther Jenner passed away on April 20, 2023 at nearly 97. In my limited relationship with her I can honestly say she was amazing. The first time we talked she said, “I know we’ve never met, but I love you very much.” A powerful thing to hear for an adopted kid whose biological family found him at 50-ish.
Esther asked questions. Not everyone does. She had looked me up and asked a host of very sincere questions about specific parts of my life. It was flattering. She was a force to be taken seriously; simultaneously tender and super direct. Sharper than a 20-year-old in her 90s (that is not hyperbole) and quick on her feet.
I found out more about my biological mother from Esther than everyone else combined. She would remember things big and small at different times over the years. Information tucked into corners of conversations.
Only Esther could have filled in those blanks, both entertaining and dark. She was in the room with Diana and the doctor who delivered me (a family friend of the Jenners who also delivered Pam and Caitlyn, 2 photos above) when the big decisions were made. I suspect Esther had a big impact on those decisions. It appears that was typical for her. She left big impressions everywhere she went.
Esther (Below, right) left behind an empire but, more importantly, a sea of love and affection.
I am re-posting photos from online sources. Caitlyn posted a couple of these on social media.