Weekend Ride: Logan-Athens-Nelsonville

A cycling event in the Hocking hills was cancelled but we kept the hotel reservation and visited family (a post on that is forthcoming). I got up at 6:00am to hit the road for a medium ride of 63 miles. Above: The Ohio River that surrounds Ohio University. Below: Earlier in the ride before I found the bike trail.
I started in Logan Ohio, went down to Athens where Ohio University is located, and back up to Nelsonville where Mary and the boys picked me up. Picked up the bike trail by the Rocky outlet.
It was a beautiful ride!
Below: I explored the campus a little, which slowed my overall pace, but it was worth it. I should have taken more photos but stopping becomes a pain.
On a bridge near the golf course and university.
I can't wait to go back and do that trail again!