Summer Flies By

I have had no time to keep up with this blog during July and August. The semester starts tomorrow and I am swamped. Excuses aside, I thought I would post a couple quick pictures concerning summer points of interest. Below is a before/after photograph of our lawn. It’s pretty brown at the moment but we’re just happy to be past the nasty dirt phase. Now we look like the rest of the neighbors and will not rely on snow to be the great esthetic equalizer.

The other picture is that of Kerby the cat. He lives a couple doors down but is often found on our porch, sprinting across the neighborhood, and (as seen here) in the neighbors tree spying on local activity. Last week I was running and he darted a good 100 meters to greet me in the middle of the road, rolling all over my feet. He’s also been known to chase neighborhood dogs! I get along with Kerby just fine but FattyLumpkin is not very happy about that. See the running page and the KSU page for more updates.