The Da Vinci Code Movie - Much Ado & Fun Too

Two thumbs up. Ok, so its cheating if I use both of my thumbs but my opinion controls both digits. The Da Vinci Code (beautiful web site but painful to navigate) did not evoke numinous awe nor did I see anything that some are calling sacrilegious. I didn’t see an academy award winning performance either. What the movie did offer was an enthralling story. I did not read the book but the film was fun, inspired thinking, inflated my sense of mystery about the world, and certainly qualifies as entertaining. Go see it.

On the way out we saw about 15 people picketing the film so that added to the entertainment value. Again, people arguing over whose story is correct, better, or more holy. When ever I see such defensive posturing it makes me want to avoid the “club” that needs such transparent protection.